Yields 4 Servings:
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3-4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp salt, I use Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into 1" chunks and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients, except for the parsley, in a small measuring cup or mixing bowl and whisk vigorously with a fork until well combined. Pour over the cubed sweet potatoes and toss gently until evenly coated.
- Spread the sweet potatoes in a single layer onto a dark roasting pan and bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender and golden brown, stirring once about halfway through cooking.
- Sprinkle with a handful of chopped parsley, if desired, and serve.
Adapted from: https://thehealthyfoodie.com/herbed-oven-roasted-sweet-potatoes/
Nutritional Facts: calories: 150 kcal, carbohydrates: 13g, protein: 1g, fat: 10g, saturated fat: 1g, sodium: 476mg, potassium: 219mg, fiber: 2g, sugar: 2g, calcium: 24mg, iron: 0.7mg
Brianna Lawless, MS, RDN