Yields 6 Servings
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 4-inch round thin slices lower sodium cooked ham
- 1 ¼ cups seeded and chopped Roma tomatoes
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried basil, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅔ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Line prepared muffin cups with ham. Divide tomatoes, green onions, basil, and pepper among cups.
Top with cheese. Pour eggs over tomato mixture.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and a knife comes out clean. Cool in cups for 5 minutes. Remove
from cups. If desired, top with additional green onions and/or fresh basil. Serve warm.
*Keep it low carb by using raw vegetables for dipping!*
Adapted from: https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/264599/tomato-parmesan-mini-quiches/
Nutritional Facts: Serving: Per 2 minis: 159 Calories; Protein 15g; Carbohydrates 5g; Dietary fiber 1g; sugars 3g; Fat 8g; Saturated fat 4g; Cholesterol 207mg; Sodium 450mg.
Brianna Lawless, MS, RDN