Yields 4 Servings:
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, diced into matchsticks
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Over medium-low heat, heat oil in a 10-inch skillet. Stir in onion and cook until slightly brown, about 10 minutes. Add peppers and cook 5 more minutes, then add zucchini. Season with salt and pepper and cook 3 more minutes stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Add eggs to the skillet making sure eggs cover all the vegetables. When the edges begin to set (about 2 minutes) move skillet to oven.
- Cook about 10-15 minutes, or until frittata is completely cooked.
- Serve warm, cut into 4 pieces.
Adapted from: https://www.skinnytaste.com/caramelized-onion-red-pepper-and/#recipe
Nutritional Facts: Serving: 1/4th, Calories: 186 kcal, Carbohydrates: 8g, Protein: 13g, Fat: 11.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 284mg, Sodium: 226.5mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 4g
Found by: Brianna Lawless, MS, RDN