Yields 2 Serving
- 1/4 cup uncooked pre-washed quinoa, or rinse well under water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tsp honey
- 6 Strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 c Blueberries
- 2 tsp hemp seeds, pepitas or nuts
- 1/4 cup warmed almond milk
- *Can substitute berries for fruit of choice.
- Fill a small pot of almond milk, cinnamon and vanilla, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, add quinoa, cover and cook on low until liquid evaporates, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Divide the hot quinoa in 2 bowls, top each with sliced fruit and hemp seeds, drizzle with honey and add warm milk if desired.
Adapted from: https://www.skinnytaste.com/berry-quinoa-breakfast-bowls/#recipe
Nutritional Facts: Serving: 1 bowl, Calories: 240kcal, Carbohydrates: 47g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 0.2g, Sodium: 95mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 23g
Found by: Brianna Lawless, MS,RDN