Yields 6 Servings:
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup carrot cleaned and diced
- 2 cups celery cleaned and diced
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 tsp oregano
- 3 bay leaves
- 6 cups organic low sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker (except spaghetti squash) set to low.
- After 6.5 hours in the slow cooker, preheat the oven to 425 F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise. Remove the seeds and place on the sheet pan flesh side up. Spray with olive oil, salt and pepper then flip them over so the flesh side is down on the pan. Cover each half with foil. Bake 45 minutes.
- Remove spaghetti squash and cool on the pan 5-10 minutes then using a fork, shred the flesh of the spaghetti squash away from the skin. Add the shredded squash to the slow cooker.
- Cook another 30 minutes to allow the spaghetti squash to soften more.
- Serve and enjoy!
Adapted From: https://skinnyfitalicious.com/chicken-noodle-less-soup/
Nutrition Facts Per Serving (1.5 cups) Calories 188 kcal, Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 48 mg, Sodium 227 mg, Carbohydrates 17 g, Fiber 3 g , Sugar 6 g, Protein 22 g
Brianna Lawless, MS, RDN