Yields 4 Servings
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 medium apples, shredded
- Bring quinoa, almond milk, and applesauce to a boil in medium pot.
- Reduce to simmer and continue to cook for 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Stir in apple pie spice, vanilla and salt.
- Pour into bowls and top with shredded apples.
Adapted from: https://www.loveandzest.com/apple-pie-quinoa-breakfast-bowl/
Nutritional Facts: Calories: 230 Sugar 11 g Sodium 125 mg Fat 4 g Saturated Fat 0 g Carbohydrates 43 g Fiber 6 g Protein 7 g
Ashley DeGeare NDTR, CHC