Yields 4 servings
1 lemon, halved
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 anchovy fillets, minced
7 cups roughly chopped or torn romaine
4 wild skin-on salmon fillets, about 6 ounces each
- Squeeze one half of the lemon and use 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice in a large mixing bowl with the smashed garlic clove, anchovies, parmesan and mayo.
- Set aside to allow the flavors to meld.
- Season salmon with a pinch of salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and place salmon skin-side-down.
- Cover and cook without turning for 5 minutes, or until the skin browns. Flip and cook an additional 2 minutes, depending on the thickness, until the salmon is cooked through.
- Squeeze the remaining lemon juice over the salmon.
- Add the lettuce to the bowl and toss well with the dressing until well coated.
- Divide the lettuce between plates and top each with salmon.
Meal Plan Check Boxes:
Nutritional Facts: 1 salmon fillet, 1 1/2 cups salad, Calories: 364 kcal, Carbohydrates: 6.5 g, Protein: 42 g, Fat: 20 g, Saturated Fat: 4.5 g, Cholesterol: 97.5 mg, Sodium: 414.5 mg, Fiber: 3 g, Sugar: 1.5 g
Found by: Brianna Lawless, MS, RDN