1 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup minced red bell peppers
1/4 cup minced scallions
12 oz leftover turkey breast, diced small
1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
2 tbsp diced jarred jalapeno peppers
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
8 large Iceburg lettuce leaves
12 tbsp Bolthouse Farms Cilantro Avocado Yogurt Dressing
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the red bell pepper and scallions to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes until tender.
- Add the diced turkey, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper to the pan. Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, stirring well so the spinach gets mixed in with everything.
- Place about 1/3 cup of turkey mixture in the center of each lettuce leaf.
- Top each wrap with 2 tbsp cheese and 1 1/2 tbsp avocado sauce if desired.
Meal Plan Check Boxes:
Nutritional Facts: 2 lettuce wraps, Calories: 297, Carbohydrates: 21 g, Protein: 31 g, Fat: 13 g, Saturated Fat: 0.5 g, Cholesterol: 53 mg, Sodium: 1358 mg, Fiber: 6 g, Sugar: 4 g
Adapted From https://www.skinnytaste.com/turkey-santa-fe-lettuce-wraps/#recipe
Found by: Brianna Lawless, MS, RDN