Yields 1 Serving:
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1 cup zucchini, diced into matchsticks
1 large egg
3/4 cup egg whites
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
fresh black pepper, to taste
- Over medium-low heat, heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet.
- Stir in onion and cook until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini and season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and black pepper, to taste and cook 3 to 4 more minutes stirring occasionally, until tender.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg, egg whites, Parmesan, 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- Add eggs to the skillet making sure eggs cover all the vegetables. Cover and cook until the eggs set, about 5 minutes.
- Flip it over onto your plate and serve with hot sauce, or sriracha if desired.
Meal Plan Check Boxes:
Nutritional Facts: 1 omelet, Calories: 283 kcal, Carbohydrates: 10.5 g, Protein: 31 g, Fat: 13 g, Saturated Fat: 4 g, Cholesterol: 194.5 mg, Sodium: 844.5 mg, Fiber: 2 g, Sugar: 6 g
Adapted From: https://www.skinnytaste.com/high-protein-zucchini-omelet-for-one/
Found by: Brianna Lawless, MS, RDN