Recipe of the Week 4/20 - Bell Pepper Egg Boats

Ingredients 3 bell peppers, assorted 6 eggs salt and pepper, to taste 

Fillings fresh spinach, chopped, to taste baby bella mushrooms, sliced, to taste parmesan cheese, to taste diced tomato, to taste fresh basil, chopped, to taste salsa, to taste cheddar cheese, to taste 

Instructions Preheat oven to 375 ̊F (190 ̊C). Cut the peppers in half through the stem. Leave the stem attached, but remove the seeds and membrane. Place onto a parchment-lined baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes. Crack a whole egg into each pepper half. Season with salt and pepper. Add spinach,mushrooms and Parmesan to 2 of the pepper halves. Add salsa and cheddar to 2 of the pepper halves. Add tomato, and basil to the 2 remaining pepper halves. Bake for an additional 15 minutes, until the egg whites have set or until your eggs are cooked to your preference. 

Nutrition Facts: Servings 6.0 Amount Per Serving Calories 144% Daily Value *Total Fat 8 g 12 % Sodium 270 mg 11 % Potassium 139 mg 4 %Total Carbohydrate 6 g 2 % Dietary Fiber 1 g 6 % Sugars 1 g Protein 11 g 22 % 

Adapted from: https://tasty.co/recipe/bell-pepper-egg-boats 

www.pinterest.com/novaphysicianwellness Found by: Ashley DeGeare NDTR, CHC 

You Might Also Enjoy...

Which Diet Is Right for Me?

There’s no shortage of dietary advice, and so many suggestions about “eating this, not that,” can lead to confusion, making it hard to know the right foods to eat. A visit with a dietitian is a good place to start.

Understanding How Aerobic Exercise Works

It’s possible to lose weight, improve your fitness, and boost your overall health. With the help of a medical weight-loss and fitness program, you can lose weight, feel great, and keep it off for good. And aerobic exercise may be part of your plan.