Yields 4 Servings:
- 1 lb chicken breast shredded
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup carrots diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 12 oz cauliflower rice frozen and thawed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/3 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with the olive oil. Add the carrots, onions, and bell pepper. Sprinkle with garlic powder, dried parsley, salt, and pepper. Cook a few minutes until translucent about 4 minutes. Add the thawed cauliflower rice to the skillet. Stir and cook another 4 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg whites, buffalo sauce and Greek yogurt. Mix the shredded chicken in the bowl then stir in the veggies.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake uncovered 22-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately!
Adapted From: https://skinnyfitalicious.com/healthy-buffalo-chicken-casserole/
Nutritional Facts: Per Serving: Calories: 243, Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 73 mg,
Carbohydrates 11 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 5 g, Protein 30 g
Brianna Lawless, MS, RDN