Yields 4 Servings:
- 1 lb. ground turkey 97% lean or ground chicken
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 1/2 cups red salsa
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth no sodium added
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- optional: avocados for serving
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Place the ground turkey, oil, garlic, onions, and green bell pepper in a pressure cooker and set to saute. Break up the meat with a wooden spatula as it cooks.
- Once the meat is lightly browned and veggies are soft, add the remaining ingredients to the pot, cover, and set to pressure cook for 30 minutes. Set the valve to sealing.
- Manually release the pressure and remove the cover. Serve with chopped avocado!
- Store the taco soup in the refrigerator for 7 days or in the freezer for up to 60 days.
- Brown the meat, onions, garlic, and bell pepper in a pot on medium heat with the oil.
- Once browned, add the remaining ingredients and bring to a strong simmer.
- Let it simmer at that temperature 5-7 minutes then reduce to low heat, cover, and let it simmer another 20 minutes before serving.
Adapted From: https://skinnyfitalicious.com/instant-pot-taco-soup-low-carb/
Nutritional Facts: Per Serving: Calories 244, Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 72 mg, Sodium 419 mg, Carbohydrates 12 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 4 g, Protein 30 g.
Brianna Lawless, MS, RDN